As anticipated, D.C. United has released a schedule of events for the next five days leading up to its inaugural match at Audi Field. Here’s a rundown of what is planned so far, which is also located here:
- Monday: There will be a ribbon cutting ceremony for Audi Field and Housewarming Party from 4:30 to 7pm, located at the NW gate at R and 2nd streets.
- Tuesday & Wednesday: The club will hold World Cup watch parties at Fado Irish pub and Freedom Plaza downtown.
- Thursday: There will be an inaugural match ticket giveaway at 10AM via social media.
- Friday: Happy hour at Bardo Beer Garden from 4:30 to 6:30pm, which is located across South Capitol Street next to Dock 79 apartments in Near SE/Navy Yard/Capitol Riverfront.
- Saturday (Matchday): The new fan plaza near the NE entrance of Audi Field at Potomac Avenue and Half Street will open at 4pm and will feature a live concert by White Ford Bronco. In addition, there will be a beer garden, games, food trucks, free D.C. United swag, and a fan photo mosaic. Fans can use the hashtag #UnitedAtHome when taking a picture throughout the week and the photo will be added to a photo time capsule that will be hung permanently at the stadium. The Club Shop on the R Street side of the stadium will also open at 4pm. Gates open at 6pm.
This post will be updated with any other opening-related events.