Mini golf in the summer? Check.
Ice skating in the winter? Check.
Multiple music venues? Check.
Dozens of restaurants? Check.
Parks and piers? Check.
Office workers by day and residents and hotel guests by night? Check and Check.
Now that the grand opening of District Wharf is only one month away, the development team of Hoffman-Madison Waterfront has released a listing of retail and office tenants and activities that will be coming to the southwest waterfront starting in October and over the next several months. The streets, promenades and alleyways within District Wharf will be teeming with activity. Most of the restaurants and retailers have already been announced over the past several months, but below is a comprehensive list:
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream
- Blue Bottle Coffee The Brighton
- Cantina Bambina
- Cordial Craft Wine, Beer & Spirits
- Del Mar de Fabio Trabocchi
- District Doughnut
- Dolcezza Florentijn
- Hank’s Oyster Bar
- Kaliwa by Cathal Armstrong
- Kirwan’s Irish Pub
- Kith/Kin by Kwame Onwuachi
- La Vie
- Lupo Marino
- Mi Vida
- Potomac Distilling Company
- Rappahannock Oyster Company
- Requin by Mike Isabella
- Shake Shack
- Southwest Soda Pop Shop
- Nick Stefanelli’s Italian Market and Restaurant
- Taylor Gourmet
- Velo Café at District Hardware
- Whiskey Charlie
- A Beautiful Closet
- Anchor on board with West Marine Pro
- Bella Moda Salon & Spa
- Blink Optical
- Blush Med Skincare
- CVS Health
- DC Row
- District Hardware and Bike
- Harper Macaw
- Ligne Roset
- L’occitane Spa
- Martha Spak Gallery
- Patrick’s Fine Linens & Home Décor
- Politics and Prose Bookstore
- The Press
- Yoga Factory
With all of the new restaurants opening in the next few months, one existing establishment will be closing – at least temporarily. Cantina Marina will close on October 28 until 2021 or 2022 when it will reopen in a new pier to be constructed during phase II of the District Wharf development.
Previously unannounced office tenants include the following:
- Lumark Technologies (800 Maine)
- Capital Guidance (1000 Maine)
- SK Law (1000 Maine)
- Socially Determined (1000 Maine)
A four-day kickoff celebration will be held to commemorate the opening of District Wharf, including fireworks, live entertainment, and other free events. A complete listing of events can be found here. The festivities will begin with the Opening Ceremony on Thursday and will culminate with a fireworks show. Each day will include a headliner performer:
- Thursday, October 12: The Bacon Brothers
- Friday, October 13: Go Go Gadjet
- Saturday, October 14: White Ford Bronco
- Sunday, October 15: Howard Gospel Choir
Water taxis will connect District Wharf with Georgetown, Alexandria, and National Harbor as well as a free jitney service to East Potomac Park. An app has been developed for District Wharf and will be available in October. Stay tuned!