Add another lobbying firm to the list of office tenants at The Wharf. If was announced that Cornerstone Government Affairs will relocate its headquarters from Capitol Hill to 800 Maine Avenue in 2018. The public policy firm will take 15,000 SF of space on the 7th floor of the 11-story office building. Cornerstone Government Affairs will join the American Psychiatric Association, MakeOffices, and Van Scoyoc Associates at 800 Maine.
In retail and restaurant news, the following liquor licenses were supported by the ANC at last week’s meeting:
- Hank’s Oyster Bar (facing 7th Street Park on the ground floor of Canopy by Hilton)
- Shake Shack (on Wharf Street near to the entrance of The Anthem)
- Intercontinental Hotel (restaurant, lobby bar, and rooftop bar)
- Kaliwa by Cathal Armstrong (ground floor of Vio Condominiums on Pearl Street)
- Cantina Marina Bambina (on Transit Pier near The Anthem)
- The Brighton (on Wharf Street next to entrance of The Anthem)
- La Vie (near District Square on the ground floor of The Channel Apartments)
- Marinai Pizzeria (an Italian restaurant from the same owners of Station 4 on the ground floor of Incanto apartments on Pearl Street )
The only one not supported was for The Anthem. In light of the reduction in hours on Metro, the ANC has concerns about the egress of concertgoers late in the evening. A group of commissioners will negotiate with the operator to come up with a solution that will give the ANC more confidence to give their support for the liquor license.
Rendering courtesy of Hoffman Madison Waterfront