A second community meeting to discuss the latest on the redevelopment of Greenleaf will be held tomorrow from 11am to 2pm. The meeting will take place at the SW Family Enhancement Center at 203 N Street. DCHA is spearheading the redevelopment of Greenleaf, despite not receiving a HUD grant back in 2013. At the first community meeting in October, five design principles were laid out to guide redevelopment:
- Utilize a mix of tall and low buildings.
- Create a well-defined public green space.
- Use trees to beautify, help make place, and create a healthier living environment.
- Connect the new Greenleaf to other areas of the city.
- All new construction must first and foremost be exemplary urban architecture.