The summer pool season is wrapping up, so on Saturday, September 7th, DPR is partnering with DOH and the Washington Humane Society to host the 5th Annual Doggie Day Swim. This year, one of the three locations will be Randall Pool, located at South Capitol and I streets. The event will take place from 12pm – 4pm and admission is free for DC residents. There will be a maximum of 75 dogs allowed at one time in the pool.
To maintain order and to ensure a safe and fun event, dog owners are asked to follow these rules:
- All dogs MUST have and wear a valid DC dog license.
- Dog Handlers must be 16 years of age or older.
- Dog handlers cannot swim or enter the pool with their dogs.
- Dogs must be sociable and remain leashed while on the pool deck.
- All dogs must be current on vaccinations including rabies and distemper.