- Restore left-turn traffic signals on east & westbound M Street to turn on 4th Street.
- Allow drivers to make left turns on two lanes of northbound 4th Street towards M Street so employees at Fort McNair can get out of the neighborhood faster (the left lane would be left turn only and the next lane will allow cars to either turn left, go straight, or turn right).
- The Metrobus stop will return to the northeast corner of the intersection.
- U-turns will be illegal again on M Street.
- Restrict drivers from turning left from southbound 4th Street onto M Street (drivers leaving Safeway can use I Street as an alternative to go towards Near SE).
Restricting drivers from turning left onto eastbound M Street from 4th Street will allow pedestrians more time to cross the intersection on all sides since traffic signals in the District operate on a 100-second cycle. DDOT will have MPD enforce the new traffic rules. The commissioners voted 5-1-1 to approve these changes, which will take place once DDOT gives 30 days notice to residents.